Saturday 3 April 2010

How to go from sketch to finished painting – Part 6 – chess board pattern

What is it about working in a church that makes me want to sing entirely inappropriate songs?

Like Tom Lehrer, Little shop of Horrors

and, of course, Rocky Horror

What can I say, I’m a bad girl! It’s like telling someone not to think of elephants!

I’ll just wait while you try not to think of elephants…

(nonchalant whistling)

Good! You sorted then? OK, I’ll continue

The painting continues with an area bottom left that now has a chess board like pattern. These are the photos of the masking out and painted board.

 Masking squares Painted squares detail Painted squares

I started sketching in the figure again but it wasn’t working well so I’m going to tackle it on paper, actual size, and then draw around it.

I’ve just the figure to do now, some twiddling and some splattering.

(So looking forward to the splattering.)

I’ve been seriously frustrated at the time it’s taking to complete. But I think I can see the wood for the trees, finally! Wayhay!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails