Wednesday 14 April 2010

Is is possible to caricature Lady Gaga?

I say again, is it actually possible to caricature Lady Gaga? She herself is a caricature. She’s not afraid of being bizarre, outlandish, extreme! All qualities essential in a good caricature. I have a sneaking suspicion that if I draw the most extreme outfit I could imagine, she’d be wearing it before the week was out.

No, I’m wrong! Before this post is published! Now, if I can just find the photo… I think I’ll modify something she’s already worn. I found this picture and loved the pose. But with higher heels perhaps! And a funny hat thing.

Voila!

Lady Gaga 

I think I’ve seen those diamond/cuby things before. She’s not repeating herself is she? Oh no, they were white last time!

Silly me, how could I forget that! As my son would say “Confused face!”

She has something of a “Doe caught in the headlights” look about her here. I think that’s what appealed to me about the photograph. It was on a site with “before and after plastic surgery” photos. I won’t link to it, seems to be frequented by sad people who like nothing better than writing anonymous obscenities. Has she had surgery? Don’t know, don’t care. This is the face people recognise and that’s good enough for me!

You’ve got to admire her showmanship. Whatever you might think of her music, she gives a performance.

So, is it possible to caricature Lady Gaga?

Yes, easy really. The beauty of her style is you don’t need to worry about the facial likeness! She’s so instantly recognisable from her clothes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails