Tuesday 30 September 2008

Andie McDowell

Andi McDowellHaving neglected my blog entries last week, I thought I'd better get my act together and start posting more regularly. So here is Andie McDowell. It's the first one I've done in marker on this particular sketch paper and I don't think I'll be using it with markers again. There is an annoying tendency for the ink to bleed. Yesterday was quite good from a drawing/painting perspective. Managed to do a couple of watercolour sketches in the field. The first one is one I intend to return to, the second was a more studied sketch. I was going to get out and about for a walk but I found a good position in the middle of the road, so decided the car might be safer, with the added bonus I could listen to the radio. I'm not particularly pleased with either sketch, they both needed more time, so I will probably try again or maybe revisit the scenes? I haven't quite cracked the logistics of carting paints around yet but I'm refining my kit to improve that aspect.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails