Monday 1 February 2010

Making abstracts work! Abstract Art Circles in blue and pink!

Ever have an idea only to find it doesn't quite work in reality?
This watercolour and ink painting was started a few weeks ago.
The Plan? An abstract based on circles radiating from a central point but it looked unstructured and thrown together.
I wasn’t happy, so I left it for a while to brew!
I felt it needed something tying it all together.

So there it sat! Forelorn and neglected for a few weeks while I pondered options.

Today I finally decided that what it should be.

I like it now!
CIMG4471

Sometimes a work needs time to mature. If you're stuck, leave it for a while! Prop it up somewhere you will pass it on a daily basis!

As you pass it each day you'll realise either it's perfect or you'll spot what's missing! 
And When you're sure you can act!

So, have you any examples of when leaving be is the best way forward? If so, I'd love to hear in the comments.!


If you'd like to see more of my abstracts look here!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails