Saturday 11 April 2009

Watercolour landscape then return to caricatures

Kensington Bridge This is a painting of Kensington Bridge I did for the Stowe exhibition. It's a subject I want to do in more detail and with some people in the foreground. I had to repaint it quickly as I wasn't too happy with the original and I was running out of time. (I'd already submitted the title!) It's OK but the more I look at it the more I see bits that need working up and defining more... I can see the paints coming out again on Wednesday after the exhibition.
I've now returned home, and with the exhibition and RA entry out of the way I've started a caricature. I need to re-discipline myself. I don't want to rush it and I'm struggling with a setting idea but I've got the likeness - Matt Damon again. I just seem to be stuck on the old action hero type image. Not sure if I should go with that or if inspiration will strike. We'll see! I've looked up hobbies - politics and philanthropy! Yawn! I'm not inspired.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

not bad i like

Related Posts with Thumbnails