Wednesday 4 June 2008

More colour

I fiddled with the Graham Norton image, still not sure about the mouth so I think I'll leave it and go back.

Below are last night and this mornings efforts, the lovely Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. This is definitely a portrait, I'll try a caricature later but I really wanted to work on a finished portrait drawing. I could work more on it but I like the impressionist style. I had to scan the unfinished one this morning as it looks so bizarre with the blue under-painting. It started out as watercolour but I decided to use some acrylic ink to add some depth to the colour. I had fun with the hair but nearly had to discard the whole thing when I removed the masking and it took half the paper around the right eye with it! The ink also bled under the masking quite badly in one place, fortunately it was in an area that was going to be made darker, so it can't be seen. I must learn to be more patient and allow the layers to dry before later painting. I think I've managed to rescue it? Will probably concentrate on some quick sketches later on and try taking my gear up to the school this p.m.

Johnny DeppJohnny Depp 001

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails