Wednesday 27 January 2010

Oh Yuk!

Warning, do not read this if you are at all squeamish!
Hopefully, by the time I post this I will have a creation, of some sort. Might entitle it “child vomiting all over you whilst giving him a cuddle” which is what happened as I walked my youngest to school. The title might need some work but you can’t say children don’t inspire (rolls eyes and sighs!) It’s a new style of experiential pictures!He was scooting along on the way to school, I was walking the dog. When he stopped suddenly and said he had a “tummy ache” he looked cold and burst into tears. I picked him up and gave him a cuddle, then he was sick! I won’t go into more detail but it was horrid!!!!
After walking home with a child and myself (covered in it), a scooter and a dog! Removing all soiled garments with the dog shut outside and cleaning up and changing…I consequently spent most of today cuddling a sick child. He was too fidgety for that me to be able to paint. Hopefully tonight! Is it me or am I finding too many excuses at the moment? I spent a little time on an abstract but not sketching – didn’t have my book handy, when will I learn??????
Update: Not quite finished with the abstract so it will have to wait until tomorrow, I’m learning patience! Yesterday I found out via Linked in about a website that does artist interviews and promotion free. I thought I’d give it a try, nothing to lose and it might be worthwhile. I’ve had a reply to say they’d like to feature me, so I’ll keep you posted! Watch this space.
As I have no new pictures, I thought I’d share an old one. This is a sketch I did outside the Smithsonian in Washington in 1994. It’s A4, I’ve since discovered pastel is easier when it’s BIG!
Washington Waterfall

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails