Monday 17 November 2008

Tom Cruise meets Ken Dodd

Tom Cruise As I was drawing this it occurred to me that the humour would probably be lost on a few people. Specifically, as about 50% of the traffic to my blog is from the US, roughly 50% worth unless they have spent time in the UK,( in the 1960's and 70's). I'm showing my age here. Despite that, I had to do it.

For those who still don't understand the joke look up "Ken Dodd"and "Diddy men" on google. I did think "off to see cousin Mick" (the marmaliser) might be a good title. The reference is old, I know, but as I was thinking about settings/background all I could think of was "He's short", pantomimes, then the Diddymen... I really must get out more!

This was my second attempt and by far the better likeness. It's A3...see previous posts for my feelings on those. I need to do some touching up - just spotted I need to do a few bits to the eyes- and may add the title then.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails